Pedal on Parliament returns!
Last year 3000 cyclists, young and old, pedalled on the Scottish Parliament to call for safer cycling for everyone. Despite plenty of warm words from politicians since then, nothing fundamental has changed so we’re doing it again.
A recent visit to Copenhagen, which has proper cycle lanes parallel to all main roads, make me especially keen on Point 2. Imagine Edinburgh with the same. Cycle as if you lived in the early days of a better nation!We need you join us to add your voice in support of our eight-point manifesto for a cycle-friendly Scotland.
Gather at the Meadows in Edinburgh on Sunday 19th of May 2013.
What we want
- Proper funding for cycling.
- Design cycling into Scotland’s roads.
- Slower speeds where people live, work and play.
- Integrate cycling into local transport strategies.
- Improved road traffic law and enforcement.
- Reduce the risk of HGVs to cyclists and pedestrians.
- A strategic and joined-up programme of road user training.
- Improved statistics supporting decision-making and policy.