21.6.23

 

Writing and Speaking with Style

 



I instruct all my students to read Strunk and White's The Elements of Style and Pinker's The Sense of Style. Now I have another resource to recommend.

Benjamin Pierce writes:

In 2021, Rajeev Alur and I created a course at Penn called Writing and
Speaking with Style.  Aimed at PhD students in computer science and other
areas of science and engineering, the course is a semester-long immersion
in effective technical writing and speaking.  Since then, I've run it twice
more, improving and polishing each time.  I think it's pretty good now.  :-)

In hopes that the course materials may be useful to others, all the slide
decks, timeline, readings, and detailed notes for instructors are now
publicly available: you can find it all here.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?