guide based on his experience chairing ECOOP 2013. It includes pithy advice such as the following.
As a side note, I suggest to send to PC members as few emails as possible and to repeat all important information in every mail: never assume that if you wrote something in a mail, then every member of the PC knows it (my personal experience was that many of the important pieces of information I wrote in my mails were missed by one ortwo members, not always the same ones).Beppe's handbook is a useful addition to the literature on how to run a conference, including several written by members of SIGPLAN.
- Experiences with Author Response at PLDI and ICFP 2004, Kathleen Fisher and Craig Chambers, (SIGPLAN Notices, Dec. 2004)
- Conferences with improved management and style, Philip Wadler (SIGPLAN Notices, Feb. 2006)
- SIGPLAN EC Activities: Vice Chair Report, Kathleen Fisher (SIGPLAN Notices, May 2006)
- A Report from the POPL 2007 Chairman, Matthias Felleisen (SIGPLAN Notices, December 2006)
- How to chair a conference, Alex Aiken (SIGPLAN Notices, April 2011).