It's time once again! The below is copied from https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote. The site is easy to use and registration takes less than five minutes. I'll be voting for the Scottish Green Party.
Deadline for registering to vote in the 5 May 2022 elections
Register by 11:59pm on 14 April to vote in the following elections on 5 May:
- local government, combined authority mayoral, mayoral and parish council elections in England
- local government and community council elections in Wales
- Northern Ireland Assembly election
Register by 11:59pm on 18 April to vote in the local government elections in Scotland on 5 May.
Who can register
You must be aged 16 or over (or 14 or over in Scotland and Wales).
You must also be one of the following:
- a British citizen
- an Irish or EU citizen living in the UK
- a Commonwealth citizen who has permission to enter or stay in the UK, or who does not need permission
- a citizen of another country living in Scotland or Wales who has permission to enter or stay in the UK, or who does not need permission
Check which elections you’re eligible to vote in.
You can vote when you’re 18 or over. If you live in Scotland or Wales, you can vote in some elections when you’re 16 or over.
You normally only need to register once - not for every election. You’ll need to register again if you’ve changed your name, address or nationality.
It usually takes about 5 minutes.
Labels: Green, Independence, Politics, Scotland, UK